Only the best of the best work for the largest and fastest-growing leader in residential services: American Residential Services®. Unique to our field, we provide plumbing, heating, and air conditioning expertise through 70+ locations nationwide united by a commitment to professional excellence. In addition to the training needed for a real career, we provide year-round work, free uniforms, well-equipped trucks, advancement potential, and the chance to give back.
Position Summary: General Manager is responsible for the overall success and management of our residential HVAC & Plumbing service center in Manassas, VA. The General Manager will plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and control service center activities and functions to achieve revenue goals and objectives while maintaining a strong customer focus, leveraging the brand, and driving employee engagement in a rapidly changing and highly competitive business environment.
• Full operational responsibility for profit and loss related activities.
• Establishing a team culture among service center personnel and holding the team to a high standard of customer satisfaction.
• Consistently administering company policies and procedures throughout the service center.
• Monitoring and maintaining job satisfaction among personnel by completing annual performance evaluations and salary reviews in a thorough and timely manner.
• Preparing business forecasts, budgets, and other reports in addition to monitoring the timely flow of paperwork necessary to the service center.
• Assist in recruiting, selecting, and training all service center employees.
• Financial analysis to identify trends and prospective problem areas and taking immediate action based on findings.
• Optimizing the service center to provide service, complete tasks, and otherwise perform in an efficient manner.
• Developing new programs and executing established plans to meet and exceed sales goals.
• Maintaining a working knowledge of competitors, developing innovations to maintain market lead, sharing best practices across organization.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS):
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience successfully leading a fast-paced service organization and a proven track record of growing a business.
• HVAC or construction experience is preferred but not required.
• Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding revenue objectives.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES:
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills. (Oral and written)
• Ability to self-start and motivate a group of individuals to act as team towards a common goal
• Analyze cost and forecast data to ensure alignment with the Division’s goals and objectives.
• Build a team culture by recruiting, motivating and training the staff.
• Review and promote the maintenance of a safe, accident free and healthy work environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with multi-tasking alongside time management skills and the ability to prioritize and plan.
• Excellent analytical skills, financial acumen, and attention to detail.
• Computer proficiency. (Microsoft preferred)
ARS-Rescue Rooter is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/EOE/M/F/V/D. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ARS-Rescue Rooter may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.