We are seeking an experienced Controller to support our service center team. This is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic professional who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and be an individual contributor while also managing an accounting team in a fast-paced environment.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the accounting and financial control activities for the local service center. Oversee areas such as operating and capital budgeting development and management, inventory maintenance and management, payroll, labor efficiency analysis and cost reduction initiatives. The chosen candidate will provide direct support and thought partnership to the general manager. Financial presentations, in-depth account analysis, exception/variance reporting, trend and forecasting analysis and labor wage evaluation are among the accountabilities. This individual will work as an integral service center leadership member and will drive continuous profitability improvements in all areas of the service center.
• Maintain close working relationship with the general manager and all line managers to coordinate facility objectives while assisting in cost improvement initiatives.
• Interface with other service center functional groups (service, sales, dispatch, fleet, customer service, purchasing, safety, HR) to evaluate financial impact of current/future activities.
• Install and monitor financial controls within various reporting functions such as material control, shipping/receiving, purchasing, labor reporting and the central A/P processing, etc.
• Conduct profitability studies and cost reduction analysis for all operating areas of the facility.
• Coordinate the development of monthly financial statements, quarterly forecast, annual operating and capital plans.
• Perform month-end and year-end close procedures
• Review and reconcile account balances.
• Manage, recruit, and develop the accounting team.
• Perform all payroll and HR functions for the facility.
• Oversee billing, credit, and collections processes.
• Prepare annual budgets.
• Enforce company accounting policies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related discipline and minimum of 5 years of general accounting experience are required.
• Related education and /or training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required.
• JD Edwards & Successware software experience is preferred.
• Intermediate or expert proficiency using Microsoft Office products, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are required.
• Experience in payroll and human resources administration is preferred.
• Demonstrates strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish cross function relationships.
• Proven leadership and possession of problems solving skills.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems to include word processing, spreadsheet software and integrated ERP/ accounting systems.
ARS-Rescue Rooter is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/EOE/M/F/V/D. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ARS-Rescue Rooter may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.